Eros Spinozzi Selections
R.S. Lipman Company is proud to represent the Eros Spinozzi Selections – an award-winning portfolio of Italian family wineries.
The Eros Spinozzi Story
Eros Spinozzi, was born in Marché, a wonderful region in Italy that has been recognized for centuries for its production of wine, olive oil, meats, fresh seafood and vegetables. Growing up in a family of eight, young Eros Spinozzi always gravitated towards the kitchen where he could get his hands dirty by helping prepare nourishing meals for his loved ones. That passion stayed with him when he signed-up at the Italian Restaurant and Hotel Business Management School in San Benedetto del Tronto, where he received his degree after five years of studying the food, beverage and hospitality industry. The family tradition continued to cement his future when in 1994, Eros relocated to the United States, joining his uncle Eugenio Spinozzi, who served as both his mentor and as one of the pioneers of the quality Italian wines being imported to the United States. Uncle Eugenio had started his “Fine Wine Mission” by founding and owning Tricana Imports, a company that elevated his wines to distribution in 35 U.S. states, giving visibility to Italian wineries in the U.S. marketplace.
Working side-by-side with his mentor, Eros gained a wealth of experience and knowledge including being introduced to the wine selection processes, meeting agronomists, vineyard tenders, cellar masters and enologists. In late 2003, Eros followed Eugenio back to Italy where his beloved uncle passed shortly after his voyage back to the motherland. Motivated to keep the tradition alive, Spinozzi travels throughout Italy and the world so he can continue to educate and introduce thousands of people to the complex yet fascinating world of Italian wines. Eros Spinozzi’s wine selections are front and center in the most prestigious restaurants and fine wine shops all over the country. With R.S. Lipman Company, Eros’s selections are in constant development to ensure that Italy’s most well-known wine regions are represented through their network of small or medium-sized family owned and operated wineries. These family wineries have entrusted the Spinozzi name to represent the essence and heritage of the Italian world of wine for the last 40 years. We invite you to experience the premium wine portfolio offered by Eros Spinozzi through the R.S. Lipman Company.
Eros Spinozzi Portfolio of Wines, Imported by R.S. Lipman Company
Since 1870, generation after generation, the winemaking tradition of the Dogliotti family has been passed down from father to son. With time, they have refined their techniques to create the high-quality wines and vas selection they are known for today.
• Gold Medal – 2017 WSWA Tasting Competition – 1870 Vermouth Rosso, Italy
• Silver Medal – 2017 WSWA Tasting Competition – 1870 White Vermouth, Italy
• Silver Medal – 2017 WSWA Tasting Competition – 1870 2014 Barbera, Asti D.O.C.G, Italy
• 87 Points – Wine Enthusiast – 1870 2016 Barbera, Asti D.O.C.G, Italy
Quality and typicality: these indissoluble elements are the fundamentals of the Losi philosophy. Since 1870, the Losi family has offered products respectful of tradition. The family has been able to astonish experts and passionate wine lovers to stand out as an exemplary model of the Chianti Classico authenticity.
• 90 Points – Wine Enthusiast – 2010 IL Brunone Riserva Chianti Classico
For over 100 years, the Recchia family has been mastering wine making. The family lives in the heart of Valpolicella, in the valley of Negrar. Wine making is in their blood. Their love for the local terroir and traditions makes their wines special.
• Double Gold Medal – 2017 WSWA Tasting Competition – Ca’ Bertoldi Amarone Classico delle Valpolicella D.O.C.G. 2010, Italy
• Best in Show – 2017 WSWA Tasting Competition – Ca’ Bertoldi Amarone Classico delle Valpolicella D.O.C.G. 2010, Italy
• 92 Points – Wine Spectator – Ca’ Bertoldi Amarone Classico delle Valpolicella D.O.C.G. 2010, Italy
• Silver Medal – 2017 WSWA Tasting Competition – 2013 Le Muraie Valpolicella Ripasso Classico Superiore D.O.C., Italy
• 90 Points – Wine Spectator – 2013 Le Muraie Valpolicella Ripasso Classico Superiore D.O.C., Italy
Over a century of experienced wine tradition is exemplified in the Sachetto and Gilia family brands. The wine-making and refining processes are thought to create wines that really speak the universal language of the palate. Wines with a clear personality, to be sipped with an open soul, for an ideal tasting.
The history of this winery began as far back as 1890. Today, San Lorenzo is among the largest family-run wineries of Abruzzo, with 150 hectares in a single large plot that stretches over the crests of three hills. A lovely combination of tradition and innovation.
• 91 Points – Wine Spectator – Eshcol, Montepulciano d’Abruzzo DOCG, Colline Teramane, Reserve 2009
• 87 Points – Wine Enthusiast – Vini 2016 Rosato Colli Apruntini
A unique combination of extraordinary soil fertility and ideal weather conditions characterized by a Mediterranean climate, originates important wines which recall a territory rich of traditions and history. Simone Capecci’s commitment aims to preserve the peculiarities, the scents, colors and flavors inherited from his land.
• Tre Bicchieri – “Ciprea” Offida D.O.C.G. Pecorino – multiple years, most recently in 2016
• Tre Bicchieri – 2016 – “Quinta Regio” Offida D.O.C.G. Rosso
• Verona Award – 2017 – Benemerito della Vitivinicoltura Italiana*
*Every year, since 1973, a meritorious award is given to one winery per region of Italy in the opening day of the famous wine event (4800 exhibitors). The prestigious award follows the instructions of the Regional Agriculture Departments, which have the task to describe those who, with their professional or business activities have helped and supported the qualitative progress of the wine-growing and wine production in their region and their country.